Casinos have adapted to the post-COVID-19 world in various ways, including:
1. Enhanced sanitization measures – Casinos have increased their cleaning protocols and installed hand sanitizer stations throughout their facilities.
2. Reduced capacity – Most casinos have reduced the number of gaming machines and tables available to maintain social distancing.
3. Plexiglass screens – To further minimize the risk of transmission, many casinos have installed plexiglass screens between customers and employees.
4. Online gaming – With many people still hesitant to visit brick and mortar casinos, more casinos are offering online gambling to reach customers.
5. Touchless technology – Some casinos have introduced touchless technology for transactions and have eliminated cash handling to reduce the spread of germs.
6. Temperature checks – Many casinos are also implementing temperature checks for employees and customers to ensure that anyone displaying fever-like symptoms is not allowed in.
Overall, casinos have had to adapt to the new reality of COVID-19 to ensure the safety of their customers while still providing entertainment options.